The village of Middleton-on-Sea is located along the coast to the east of Bognor Regis. A pretty little village with a main through road with shops either side including, a butchers, newsagents, hardware store, fish and chip shop and off-licence to name but a few. There is also St. Nicholas church (built in 1847), a sports club, the Beresford pub, large playing field and farm shop.
Middleton-On-Sea is a great place for walking as there are a number of footpaths called 'twittens'. One can actually walk along the promenade from Bognor Regis to Felpham and keep going along a grass path to Middleton-On-Sea. Access to the beach is possible on foot from the village, however there is no parking near to the beach.
Elmer is just a short distance away with two more Pubs and a convenience store.